Our campus Executive Councils consist of up to six hand-selected student leaders per school who—with funding and resources from AEI—promote campus dialogue surrounding free enterprise and American leadership.
Each prospective Executive Council member must apply on an individual basis for one of the six positions at his or her school.
Click here for a list of currently active Executive Councils.
Round 3 Final Deadline: October 5, 2014
Round 3 applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. If you hope to claim a spot on your school's Executive Council, please submit your application as soon as possible, as your school's team may fill up before this deadline.
- Lead AEI's campus outreach at your college or university
- Participate in exclusive networking dinners and events with top entrepreneurs, business leaders, and scholars
- Attend leadership conferences in Washington, DC, and other key cities
- Organize campus events including lectures, debates, reading groups, and more
- Gain access to AEI resources, speakers, funding, and day-to-day support from AEI staff
- Create and organize an all-day policy conference featuring panels, keynote addresses, and networking receptions. Work with AEI staff to build an agenda, invite speakers, and publicize the event
- Host a "leadership dinner" with 25-30 students and a keynote speaker
- Distribute AEI resources on campus
- Host a student-centered public policy event (Example: student debate or panel discussion)
- Co-sponsor a policy event hosted by another student organization or academic department
- Write an op-ed or article for your school newspaper, a local paper, or a major website leveraging or highlighting AEI scholarship
- Host a live-stream showing of an AEI event in your dorm lounge or student center & host a post-event discussion with attendees
- Organize a student essay competition or video contest, and AEI will share any great pieces on its website
- Organize a monthly book club featuring work authored by AEI scholars or other recommended writers
Would you like to join us? There are three application deadlines to become an Executive Council member for the 2014–15 academic year. You will be accepted, rejected, or deferred to a later pool.
Priority deadline: June 8, 2014
Round 2: August 3, 2014
Round 3: October 5, 2014
We welcome you to join us as a panel of economists discuss US wage and price prospects in the coming months and the implications for the Federal Reserve’s current unorthodox monetary policy.